Covid-19 Ticketing Plan
We are excited to reopen on August 15th and we’re getting ready to welcome visitors back to Field Station: Dinosaurs. Please be aware that due to Covid-19, there will be a few changes to your Field Station experience. Below you’ll find all the necessary information you will need to plan your first visit back. Please reach out if you have any questions before reserving your tickets. There are no refunds.
Tickets are valid for only the date and 2-hour arrival window you select when purchasing. You must ARRIVE at the park within your 2-hour window but you are welcome to stay for as long as you like. If you arrive early, do not get in line to enter until we are within your 2-hour window. Anybody who arrives early will have to wait before entering the park. All tickets must be purchased online. Anyone who arrives at the Field Station without tickets will be instructed to leave the line to purchase them on the website JerseyDinos.Com. Early or late arrivals will NOT be accommodated. There will be no Re-Entry. Please ensure that you have everything you need for your visit with you before entering the park.
- Online advance purchase is REQUIRED to help manage capacity limits and to ensure proper social distancing.
- Visitors will not be admitted into the park before their 2 -hour time slot begins or after the 2-hour slot ends.
- There are No Refunds. The Field Station is open Rain or Shine, so please plan your trip accordingly.
- Face Masks for anyone age 2 and above and Social Distancing must be observed throughout your visit. There will be signage throughout the park.
Buying a Day Pass on the website or on a smart phone:
Tickets that are purchased on the website or smart phone will be emailed to you with a receipt with the tickets as an attachment. To keep the lines moving in a timely fashion, please have your tickets ready for scanning when you get to the Box Office window.
Season Pass Holders:
- Season Pass Holders: Your account must be set up PRIOR to arriving at the park. If you have not set up your account, please visit the Guest Portal to complete the set up. Your season passes can be displayed on your smart device or printed from the Guest Portal section called “Digital Passes”. Season Pass Holders will access the park using the Express Line following required temperature scans. You may visit the park during any of the two-hour time slots and do not need to reserve in advance.
When arriving at the park:
- All Guests, including Season Pass holders, Birthday Parties and Groups must be screened for fever before entering the Park. Any Guest whose temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees will be denied entry and given a pass for a future date.
- Day Pass holders – If you arrive early to the park, do not get in line to enter until we are within your 2-hour window.
- Anyone who arrives at the Field Station without tickets will be instructed to leave the line to purchase them on the website JerseyDinos.Com.
- You have two hours to arrive at the park within your time slot. To avoid longer lines, show up during the two-hour time slot instead of the top of the hour.
- Groups – The final ticket quantities for summer camps and/or groups must be made 48 hours in advance. Upon arrival to the park, Groups must call the Box Office with a head count for the number of adults and a separate number for children. Any additional tickets needed the day of your visit are at the full price and must be purchased on the website prior to entering the park. Bracelets will be given to the Group leader and distributed to the attendees PRIOR to entering the park.
- Birthday Parties – There is a designated Birthday Meeting Place in Basecamp where Guests must wait for the Birthday Host. Arrival for parties must be at least 15 minutes prior to the party. The Birthday Party Host will distribute bracelets and Guests will access the park through the Express Line. Please remind guests to arrive on time; Party Guests who arrive late will not be allowed to access the park through the Express Line.
Are reservations required for entry to Field Station: Dinosaurs?
- Yes, reservations are required for Day Pass admission. Season Pass Holders do not need to make reservations. Reservations are made for a specific date and 2-hour window to ensure the Field Station is operating safety within the capacity limit and adhering to the proper social distancing requirements.
- General admission reservations are limited each day to specific time slots. Once capacity is reached, tickets will no longer be available for sale.
- Season Pass Holders need to log in to the Guest Portal to display their barcode(s) from the Digital Passes section on their smart device, or they may be printed out.
- Guests with Day Pass admission will need their reserved tickets (printed or on smart device) to check in at the Box Office after having their temperatures scanned.
- Guests must arrive within their reserved time slot to ensure capacity is not exceeded.
- If you arrive early for your designated time slot, please wait in your vehicle until your time slot begins.
Will you accept cash as payment?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance on the website. Tickets cannot be purchased at the Park. Online ticketing fees have been waived during this time.
What if I am late for my reserved time slot?
- Capacity within time slots is limited. We ask that all guests make every effort to arrive on time as we may not be able to accommodate you in another time slot immediately. If you have a concern, please call 855.999.9010.
What if I make a reservation and I'm unable to attend at the date/time I selected?
- In order for the timed ticketing system to work and to ensure a safe environment for all guests, please make sure you are able to attend your reserved slot at time of purchase. Tickets are non-refundable. You may give your tickets to a friend if you are unable to use them. If you have a concern, please call 855.999.9010. Please note Field Station: Dinosaurs is open rain or shine.
Can I get a refund if it rains the day I am visiting the park?
- Field Station: Dinosaurs provides no refunds due to inclement weather unless the park is closed for safety reason due to severe weather.
Am I required to wear a facial covering?
- Yes, anyone age 2 and above is required to wear a face mask. This does not apply to children under the age of two. Guests who are unable to wear masks, or who have a medical condition that produces a consistently elevated temperature are asked to produce a medical note on your Doctors stationary advising that these requirements are to be waived. The individual’s health condition does not have to be stated in the doctor’s note.
After I purchase my tickets and enter the Field Station, will my time be limited or restricted?
- There is no time limit to how long you can stay in the park, however there is no re-entry, so when you leave Field Station grounds, you are leaving for that timed ticket visit. There are no exceptions.
Can I reserve tickets for a group?
- Yes, to reserve a group, please contact our group sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 973.748.4317. All groups must be reserved and paid for in advance. No payments accepted at the park. Other Group rules apply and will be provided at time of reservation.
Can I leave the Field Station and come back in?
- No. Please be sure to take everything with you into the park because there is no re-entry.
Can I buy a ticket for the Paleontologists’ Laboratory website?
- Tickets for the Paleontologists’ Laboratory are available inside the park at the Paleontologists’ Laboratory only. They are not available on the website or the Box Office. Only one adult is permitted inside the Lab to assist. Strollers are not permitted in the Lab.
Will food be available for purchase?
- Yes. Food may be purchased at the food trailer at the Canteen and beverages and ice cream are available at the Dark Tent located next to the food trailer.
Can I bring in food?
- You are welcome to bring your own food, beverages and snacks but please be reminded that large coolers are not permitted in the park. Any personal belongings must be brought into the park when you first enter and remain with you at all time. Items may not be returned to your car. There are picnic tables located in the Canteen. Alcohol Is not permitted.
Will vending machines be available?
- The Field Station does not have vending machines.
Will strollers or wheelchair be available for rental?
- Stroller and wheelchair rentals will not be available. You are permitted to bring your own stroller and wheelchairs; however, some shows or activities will not let you bring a stroller inside the performance space. This allows for social distancing and to keep performance spaces at capacity.
Will the bathrooms be open?
- Yes, restrooms will be on a sanitation schedule, so they will be closing down at specific times of the day in addition to being cleaned throughout the day.
If it starts to rain during our visit, do we get a refund?
- The Field Station is open rain or shine. The Field Station provides no refunds due to inclement weather.
Purchase your tickets today for the adventure of a lifetime
Summer Season (August 15 - September 7)
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 10am to 6pm
Thursday through Saturday from 10am to 8pm
Closed Mondays EXCEPT Labor Day (September 7) 10am to 6pm
Fall Season (September 12 - November 15]
Saturdays and Sundays only from 10am to 5pm
Also open Thursday, November 12 and Friday, November 13
Dinosaurs After Dark (September 25 - October 31)
Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:45pm to 9:30pm.
Open Labor Day (September 7) 10am to 6pm, Yom Kippur ( September 28) and Columbus Day (October 12) 10am to 5pm
Overpeck County Park, Henry Hoebel Area
Fort Lee Road, Leonia, NJ 07605