Reserve Your Group Expedition Today!
NOW BOOKING SPRING SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS – Tuesdays-Thursdays May 9 through June 8
NOW BOOKING SUMMER CAMP GROUPS!
We are the perfect camp field trip, scout outing, or school adventure. This is the trip they’ll be talking about all year long!
Now taking reservations for field trips! Contact our Group Sales Department for information or to make a reservation complete the correct form below.
Camp, School, and Scout Groups
- Groups of 20+
- $15.00 per person admission.
- Add $3.00 per child/scout ticket for the Paleontologists’ Laboratory (not available for school groups).
- 1 complimentary chaperone ticket for every 20 child/scout tickets purchased.
- Non-profits and tax exempt organizations must provide proof of tax exempt status prior to visiting to the park.
- Scout groups must provide a Guest List 48 hours prior to visiting the park.
Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more. One complimentary chaperone ticket is offered for every 20 student tickets purchased. Additional chaperone tickets may be purchased at the applicable group rate. One chaperone required for every 10 children in the group. In order to avoid sales tax, proof of tax exemption is required prior to visiting to the park. (ex: ST-4 or 501(c)3 Letter). A $5 handling fee will be charged for all group bookings.
- Parking is free at the Field Station.
- On school group days, buses will unload guests in a designated area near the entrance gates of the Field Station. Buses may not unload passengers until greeted by Field Station staff. Buses will then be directed to park in the FSD parking lot.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit or purchase order is required 2 weeks following the date of your reservation. Deposits that are not received by the due date may result in the reservation being canceled without notice.
- All trips must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to your trip. Payments are not accepted at the park. The minimum amount due for your trip equals the confirmed number of tickets required. Anyone that is absent the day of your trip will receive a voucher to visit the park another day during the current season. There are no refunds or credits for unused tickets.
- Payments are mailed to the Administrative Office at 365 Broad Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003.
- Field Station: Dinosaurs is open rain or shine. On rainy days, guests without appropriate rain gear will be provided with a complimentary poncho and the activities will be moved to covered areas.
- If you notify us that your principal or other school administration will not allow your group to visit the park because of the rain, we will attempt to reschedule your trip. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- The Field Station: Dinosaurs gift shop, Tricera-Shops, is open on general public days.
Director of Parks Administration and Operations
Field Station: Dinosaurs
365 Broad Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- On public days: If you are bringing your lunches, please note Field Station: Dinosaurs is not responsible for lost or stolen food. If you bring your lunch in your own cooler, it must be left in the designated area in the Canteen.
- Reserving picnic tables is not permitted.
- Dino Bites, the Field Station concession stand is open on public days to purchase lunch at the park on the day of your visit. Pre-ordered lunch is not available for purchase.Dino Bites is not open on school group days.
- Children must be accompanied by a minimum of one adult for every ten child guests.
- Additional chaperones who arrive with the group will be charged the group rate upon entry and must join and remain with the group at all times.
- For the safety of the children on school group days, chaperones who do not arrive with the group, who are not included in the group numbers and who are not on a list provided by the teacher will not be permitted to enter the park.
- Groups are responsible for planning their visit to the Laboratory within their time at the park; no reservation times are provided. There is limited capacity at the Lab so plan your visit accordingly. The Laboratory closes thirty minutes prior to the park closing. FSD is not responsible for unused tickets. All sales are final. Tickets must be used the day of the trip.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Payments for field trips canceled before your scheduled trip will be forfeited or may be credited toward a trip scheduled within the season of the original order. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please call Group Sales at 855.999.9010 at least 48 hours before your trip to notify us of a change in plans. Date changes are based on availability.
- Field Station: Dinosaurs does not guarantee admission to school groups without a reservation.
- On school group days, schools may be turned away if field trip dates are changed without prior approval.
Reserve Your Group Today!
2023 Spring Season
May 27 through June 25
Saturdays and Sundays, 10am - 6 pm
2023 Summer Season
June 27 through September 3
Tuesdays through Sundays, 10am - 6 pm
2023 Fall Season
September 9 through November 12
Saturdays and Sundays, 10am - 5pm
Also open Thursday & Friday November 9 and 10
10am - 5pm
Open Memorial Day Monday, May 29
Open Juneteenth, Monday June 19
Open Labor Day Monday, September 4
Open Columbus Day Monday, October 9
*The Box Office closes 30 minutes before closing.
3 Overpeck Park Driveway, Leonia, NJ 07605
Henry Hoebel Area of Overpeck County Park on Fort Lee Road
Connect with Us
Field Station: Dinosaurs is an official Education Partner of Bergen County. A portion of every ticket sold is used for the preservation and enhancement of Bergen County Parks.